Hi, my name is James L. Wallace, but I answer to "Jim or Jim Bowie."
I have been married to my best friend, Nancy Lee for more than 25 years. We have two grown daughters, Nikki & Katy and two Grand-daughters, Kayla & Emma and two Grand-Sons, Ethan and Jeremiah.
I am an industrial technician for a "major metropolitan daily" newspaper. John Phillip Sousa wrote a march for it!
Some of my many hobbies in no preferrencial order are:
- Amateur Radio - N3ADF Amateur Extra Class
- Bicycling - Mountain, Trail & Road -
- a member of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy
- a member of PG-ARES/RACES
the County's Amateur Radio Emergancy Service and where I am Web Master.
- Silversmithing & lapidary - Click Silver & Gems for some of my work.
- a member of the Patuxent Lapidary Guild
- a member of the DC Gem, Mineral & Lapidary Society
- Scottish-American societies
- Clan Wallace Society Worldwide - Web Master
- The St. Andrews Society of Baltimore - Web Master
- Clans of Scotland, USA
- Sovreign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem
SMOTJ GP USA and International OSMTH
Web Master for the Priory of St. James of Jerusalem
The kilt I am wearing in the picture at the right is the "Wallace Blue" tartan. Click Wallace tartans to see pictures of all the Wallace tartans. The background on this page is a dimmed version of the "Wallace Blue."
No, I'm not Scottish. I've traced my Wallace ancestry back to the early 1700s in Northern Ireland. But I am very proud to carry the name of Scotland's national hero, William Wallace, also known as "Braveheart." Here's a link to a more correct account of William Wallace. It's not the Hollywood version of Braveheart.